12 Cities 12 Chefs 12 Cuisines - Indian Culinary Route 2015 at Marriott Whitefield

2 chefs 12 cities 12 cuisines : Indian culinary route 2015 , Marriott Whitefield

                            

From the warm welcome to a goodie-bag goodbye, it was a completely worthwhile evening to spare from my hectic schedule of college and french classes at Marriott Whitefield's Indian Culinary Route 2015. It started off in brief with a lovely ginger and coconut flavored welcome drink, eye pleasing decor,  the sound of beautiful Indian instrumentals, the highlight of the event , 'the lip smacking food'  made by the 12 specialty chefs from the best of 12 Marriott's all over India and ended with a variety of delectable desserts by Marriott Whitefield. 

ginger and coconut welcome
drink

I started off my journey by adoring the ethnic set up of the dining table with customized table mats for the event, the basket of flutes wrapped in colorful threads and then prepping myself to have the experience of 'India on a platter' after a glass of white wine.






  • 'Delhi' was my first stop with Chef Rohit Yadav from JW Mariott Delhi. I treated my tummy with paani puri, papdi chat for the starters. Moving on to mains I had chhole bhature accompanied with yummy tamarind chutney, tangri tawa masala (chicken leg), but none the less Soya keema and  sweet and sour chutney were the highlights for delhi hut.    

    Delhi Hut
  • My next stops were with Chef Madhusudan from Marriott 'Hyderabadand Chef Selester from Marriot 'Goa' whose Aloo Tehri Biryani and Goan Beef Chilli blew me away.

    Goan Beef Chill from Goa with love
  • Chef Prashant Suryavanshi from Courtyard by Marriott, Hinjewadi represented 'Maharashtra' and served us with the sweetest and yummiest Shrikhand I have ever had.

    Maharashtra love
  •  Next at 'Gujarathi' Tadka with Chef Mitesh Saraiya from Coutyard by Marriot Ahemdabad I had sandwich dhoklas and my favourite khandvinu rolls made the traditional way.
  • 'Rajasthani' cuisine all done by Chef Ranjit from Marriott Jaipur surprised me with the amount of pickles he prepared (5 pickles and three chutneys) with a Rajasthani specialty of Laal Maas.

    Laal Maas from Rajasthan
  • My heart melted as the hot gulawati and shami kebabs were melting in my mouth with warm paranthas, made at a live kitchen by Chef Shanavaz Qureshi from JW Marriott Mumbai at Awadhi 'Lucknow'.
  • Awadhi Lucknow

    Then i thoroughly savored the taste of the 'Punjabi' butter chicken followed by 'Garhwali' gul gule made by Chef Dinesh from JW Marriot Chandigarh and Chef Deepak Rana from JW Marriott Mussorie respectively.
    • Garhwal
  • Chef Saji from Marriott Kochi educated me, on what Sannas with 'Magalorian' fish curry was all about as I enjoyed it contrasting flavours.
sannas with mangalorian fish curry
                                             



pickles of kerela

  •   At last I had fun trying all the pickles at 'Keralian' Kalappam by Chef Thirumal from Bengaluru Marriott Whitefield and loved the new Paddu or kuzhi paniyaram flavors (egg, masala and plain) with cumin, green tomato chutneys being the best off the 6 made by Chef Satish Reddy from Courtyard Chennai representing 'Tamil Nadu' at Namma chennai.





I ended my trip en route 12 indian cuisines with a plate of desserts by Marriot Whitefield. From the endless variety of the course with Red velvet cupcakes, Fig newtons, Apple cheddar crostata, Vanilla cupcakes, Peanut butter mud cake, Hot chocolate fudge and cake, Plum tartlets and All you love is pie section the best was the simplest of all : Vanilla Panacotta with Fresh Fruits.


Vanilla Panacotta with fresh fruit
Peanut butter Mud cake
Vanilla cupcakes

Marriott Whitefield truly showcased the essence of India at their Event. I would love to see more from this Property as my first experience was delightful yet ofcourse over the board satisfactory and fulfilling.




red velvet cupcakes



















































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tea Time Bournvita Cake

Brunch at Daddy's Deli