Quick Hummus and Mango Lassi


I am officially on a diet now. Its the most difficult thing for me to do because its summers, I have my vacations on and FOOD IS LOVE! Oh lord, how can one not eat burgers, pizzas, noodles, rice, potato, etc??

But I am pretty strong headed this time! Soooo.. I have planned on having nutritious, moderate on calorie intake and GOOD food.

At first, you can't think of much when you use the two words ( nutritious and GOOD food) together. But I work on the basis of ingredients when I make food. Hence, when one thinks that way, pretty inventive ideas can come across your head.





I made Hummus, Roti and Mango Lassi today.  
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated in the comments below. Recipe:- 

Quick Hummus

Ingredients:

  • 1 bowl boiled chicken peas
  • 1/4th cup water
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • Salt and Black Pepper to taste
  • 1-2 tbsp olive oil
  • Juice of Half a Lemon (2-3tsp)

Method:

1.Just Blend it all together until a nice paste is formed. Add water to get the right consistency.
2.Serve in a bowl and drizzle some olive oil on the top.

Mango Lassi

Ingredients:


  • Frozen Chunks of Half a Mango 
  • 4 tbsp Curd
  • 1 tsp Lemon juice
  • Chopped Mango pieces (for garnish)
  • 1/4th cup water
  • 2-3 tsp Honey
  • 1-2 tsp Roohafza or Rose Syrup 
  • Dry Mint Powder


Method:

1. Blend it all together in a blender.
2. Put some mango pieces and 1 tsp of roohafza or rose syrup at the bottom of the glass.
3. Top up the glass with lassi,
4. Garnish with chopped mango pieces, drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of  dry mint powder.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tea Time Bournvita Cake

Brunch at Daddy's Deli